The Apostle Paul wrote, “We wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:13).
The “blessed hope” is “The Mother of All Hopes,” for these reasons:
1. Christ’s return will give His followers immortality (1 Cor. 15:50-57).
2. Christ’s return will give His followers glorified bodies (Phil. 3:20).
3. Christ’s return will take His followers to His “Father’s house” in heaven (John 14:1-6).
4. Christ’s return will resurrect the bodies of His dead followers to be caught up together with His living followers, to be with Him forever (1 Thess. 4:13-18).
5. Christ’s return will reward His followers according to what they have done
(Rev. 22:12; 2 Cor. 5:9-10).
Reflection: It is great to have hopes for a good life on earth, but “if only for this life we
have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men” (1 Cor. 15:19).